Edits International has edited a wide variety of documents for clients in business, industry, and academia. These include the following projects:
- customer letters, revised for a Pittsburgh utility company.
- correspondence and reports edited for senior managers at an international restaurant chain;
- 30-page award application, edited for the HR department of a major financial services company;
- 200-page contract on outsourcing of computer services, edited for an oil company (Texaco);
- web content for a U.S. Department of Energy website.
The editing provided clear and accurate corrections for grammar and punctuation errors, as well as tips for making the text more concise. Just as importantly, [my editor] was easy to work with and responded very promptly to all requests.
- Vice president of training for major U.S. bank
The editing provided clear and accurate corrections for grammar and punctuation errors, as well as tips for making the text more concise. Just as importantly, [my editor] was easy to work with and responded very promptly to all requests. - Vice president of training for major U.S. bank
- TV manual, revised and redesigned for Mitsubishi;
- description of a bolt-bearing plate used in coal mines, edited for a patent application;
- product manual for Hooked on Phonics reading program.
I got the patent application sent in, and . . . the attorney commented on the quality of the work that was done on it. Great job!Ö I canít tell you how much I appreciate the work you put into this.
- Bert Slater, American inventor
I got the patent application sent in, and . . . the attorney commented on the quality of the work that was done on it. Great job!Ö I canít tell you how much I appreciate the work you put into this. - Bert Slater, American inventor
- conference papers on topics in human-computer interaction, edited for a Korean doctoral student;
- 30-page research article on HVAC systems, edited for a Japanese visiting researcher at Carnegie Mellon University;
- research article edited for a professor at Mexico's Center for Research & Teaching of Economics
- class papers in computational linguistics, edited for a Chinese grad student at the University of Southern California;
- thesis in mechanical engineering, edited for a Chilean student at Carnegie Mellon University;
- 300-page book manuscript on Soviet foreign policy in the 1930ís, edited for a Russian visiting professor at the University of Pittsburgh;
- selected chapters of a book manuscript on cognitive psychology, edited for a Swiss visiting researcher at Carnegie Mellon University;
- dissertation on cranio-sacral therapy, edited for an American professor of physical therapy;
- dissertation in electrical & computer engineering, edited for a Korean student at the University of Southern California;/li>
- instructions for a board game, edited for a Los Angeles inventor;
- dissertation in economics & business, edited for a Mexican Ph.D student at Carnegie Mellon University.
[My grad student] passed his Ph.D presentation with flying colors. The thesis looks excellent. . .
- Advisor of Colombian doctoral student
[My grad student] passed his Ph.D presentation with flying colors. The thesis looks excellent. . . - Advisor of Colombian doctoral student
Below are recommendations from a couple of our past clients.
Recommendation by a Russian Historian
To Whom It May Concern:
[Edits International] helped me finalize the text for a collection of papers on Soviet foreign policy. The original text was written in English and included translations from Slavic languages as well.
The work was done in a very short time. The editor helped me clarify important points and greatly improved the style of the text while still maintaining my particular perspective. Following the publication of the collection, I received compliments from American colleagues about the precision and clarity of the language.
[My editor] was extremely patient in discussing changes to the text. With very rare professional skills and human qualities, she was one of the best editors I have ever met.Sincerely yours, Oleg Ken European University at St. Petersburg St. Petersburg, Russia
Recommendation by a Chilean Professor of Mechanical Engineering
To Whom It May Concern:
[[Edits International] edited my Ph.D. thesis efficiently and rapidly. After reading my thesis, [my editor] reviewed all of the modifications and suggestions with me, and we discussed how to best convey the main points of my research.
[My editor] made useful comments on how to improve some sections that were confusing, sometimes suggesting alternatives to make my ideas clearer.
[Edits International] helped me clearly and precisely communicate the main points of my thesis without detracting from the integrity and authenticity of my text.Sincerely, Amador M. Guzman Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering University of Santiago, Chile