Online Text Editing
Edits International helps native and non-native speakers of English revise important documents that they have written in English. Working with clients in business, industry, and academia, we help them produce final documents that are clear, grammatically correct, and persuasive.
We offer two types of text editing, which differ in the level of detail, the cost, and the time required for each.
A very detailed review of a document. We correct errors and suggest ways to restate sections that are unclear or confusing. With this type of edit, we check the documents for the following things:
- Are there errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, or word usage?
- Are the ideas easy to understand?
- Do the ideas fit together well?
- Is it clear how the ideas are related?
- Is the language appropriate for the intended readers?
- Rhetorical Force
- Does the document present a strong argument?
A quick review of a document to correct errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word usage.
Edits International offers Conversation Coaching to help clients understand the rules of American English conversation and speak more confidently. This service is offered on a weekly basis to individuals or small groups of clients having the same level of fluency. Conversation Coaching helps clients:
- speak clearly about their professional accomplishments and goals;
- converse more comfortably in different situations;
- join, participate in, and leave group conversations;
- agree and disagree politely;
- "slow down" the conversation to ask for clarification or add their ideas;
- understand pronunciation patterns that signal important ideas; and
- understand what their "body language" communicates to Americans.
I conducted two interviews today. For one interview I did it alone, and for the other I did it with 2 other team members but I led the interview alone for one-and-a-half hours. Before the interview, I got [really] nervous. . . However, I finished it well - : ) Thanks!
- Japanese MBA student
I am very happy for all the skills you are giving me to improve my English in general. Thanks for your comments about my learning. I am very happy about my progress in English in just a few days.
- Venezuelan doctoral student
Edits International helps clients prepare professional presentations that advance their careers. Individuals discuss their needs with an editor and then e-mail the text of the presentation. Then, the editor creates an audio file of the talk that the client can use as a pronunciation guide to practice the presentation. Finally, the client and editor talk, review the client's progress, and clear up any remaining problems.
EI was very helpful. My editor helped me improve my pronunciation , and I felt very confident during my presentation. Audience members congratulated me on how professional my presentation was.
- M. Sanoja, chemical engineer
I just finished my presentation today. It went very well!… I [spoke] clearly and slowly, and I felt confident. (My posture appeared confident because I remembered your coaching). Thank you very much for your help!
- Nozomi, Japanese graduate student
Solutions to Everyday Problems
Living in a foreign country or a new city can make it hard to solve everyday problems. Edits International helps clients:
- understand the American educational, medical, and social systems;
- find and understand important information;
- understand and answer important letters and emails;
- market their businesses; and
- learn how to represent their interests to others.
I told my husband the useful information you [provided]. And he appreciated your kindness.
- Korean graduate student, whose husband was looking for a job in the U.S.